Incredible snaps presents the amazing and different examples of aerial photography, here you can read more about the aerial photography, uses of aerial photography, types and cameras used in the aerial photography. The photographs are just stunning; sure you will love both photographs and information. I hope whatever I shared will be very interesting.
What is aerial photography?
The aerial photography is capturing the images of ground from an elevated position. The aerial photography is captured from aircraft, multirator, unnamed aircraft system, helicopters, dirigibles, rockets, kites balloons, stand alone telescoping and vehicle-mounted poles. The mounted cameras can be triggered remotely or automatically to capture the images but the hand held cameras are operated by the photographers. The aerial photography is amazing type of photography as it involves innovative technique and talent to capture the images. Capturing aerial photography gives enriched experience to the photographer, the artist who are involved in the photography business these type photography gives more excitement and adventure. This profession is the rewarding and challenging profession because the aerial photographer must produce unique shots that look very different when compared to other ground shots. Scenic flights have great ability to give some great and memorable photos.
Uses of aerial photography
- The aerial photography is used in cartography this is particularly in the photogrammetric surveys this are often based for the topographic maps.
- This is also used in land –use planning, archaeology. Environment studies, movie production, surveillance, artistic projects
Recreational uses of the aircraft photography
- This is used in flying a model aircraft at the local aircraft clubs
- Capturing photographs with the model aircraft for the personal use
- To view the field to examine whether the crops need water this is done when the crops are grown for personal enjoyment
Banned uses of aerial photography
- For demonstrating aerobatics with the model aircraft by receiving money
- The realtor using the model aircraft for the purpose of photographing the property that he/she trying to sell
- Photographing an event or property and trying to sell for someone
- Examining the crops whether they need water that is grown by commercial farming operation.
Types of aerial photography
- Oblique- oblique photographs are taken at an angle, there are two types of oblique photography, low angle- taken from the earth surface, high or steep oblique taken from high angle.
- Vertical-these types of photographs are taken straight down, these are mainly used in photogrammetry and image interpretation.
- Combination- aerial photographs are often combined depending on the purpose, few of them are panoramas, pictometry.
- Orthophotos- this type of photographs are created by using vertical photographs and also known as orthophotomaps.
Types of cameras used in aerial photography
The cameras used in the aerial photography are very simple and oldest of sensors that are used for remote sensing of the earth’s surface.
- Panchromatic films- these are very sensitive to the UV and visible portion of the spectrum. This is used to produce black and white images. The film used in black and white infrared photography are very sensitive to the entire 0.3 to 0.9 μm wavelength and used to detect the differences in vegetation cover.
- The three layer film is used to capture the color and false color photography, here the each layer is very sensitive to different ranges of light. For the normal color photograph the layers are sensitive to green, blue, and red light, these photos appear same as we see our environment.
- The oblique aerial photographs are taken with camera that are pointed to the side of the air craft
- The vertical photographs are taken with the single lens frame camera
- The multiband photography uses the multi lens system with the different film filters, the digital cameras are used to record the electromagnetic radiations electronically. The digital imaging system is capable of collecting the data with the spatial resolution of 0.3m the pixel size ranges between 512 x 512 to 2048 x 2048